Well according to my son "Balloon Boy" didn't fit the judges criteria of a celebrity. That's okay, we both thought that it was a great idea! I loved spending the evening helping him duct tape the balloon and felt such a sense of pride that he came up with the idea and then had a plan to execute it. Teenagers can be pretty awesome!
The other day I decided to go through some of my older Hero Arts stamps when I came across this image. It's not quite "vintage" but it's from the 2002 catalogue. Can you believe that? While some stamps can become dated, this one is truly timeless.
I stamped it on tea (coffee) stained paper and coloured the butterfly with Copics. The ferns are covered in Stickles. I used Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper to give this card somewhat of a masculine feel.
Do you like to use tea stained paper? Here's an easy way to make it. Put about 2" of very hot tap water into the sink and then sprinkle the surface with about 1 Tbsp. of instant coffee. Add paper 3 or 4 sheets at a time (to make sure that they get wet all the way through),swish it around and then put the whole batch onto a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 150-200° for as long as it takes for it to dry properly. You would think that the paper would stick together but it doesn't! I like to make large batches to keep on hand.
So SO pretty! OK, so I'm rolling because I used to make tea-stained paper by tapping dampened teabags to the card stock. Your way sounds more intriguing! :) Will hafta try this!
ReplyDeleteWow, Barbara! This is so beautiful! That BG pp is perfect for this...thanks for sharing the Tea-coffee dye pp! I must give that a try! Love that idea and his enthusiasm!Yes, the balloon boy is a winner to me!
ReplyDeletethis is sooooooo beautiful, Barbara!! i LOVE the coffee stained paper. the brown is just perfect and your coloring on that butterfly is perfect!! love this! i bet your son's balloon boy costume looks awesome. I can tell from this post written by a proud mom!! =) thanks for the recipe of how to make the coffee stained paper, too! will have to try it!
ReplyDelete