Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hello old friends


The other day while searching through my craft room for images to colour, I came across these stamps. They are among some of the first stamps that I ever purchased. I love the whimsical style and collected a large number of them but because they are unmounted, they sat in a lonely little container on my shelf-forgotten.
I am not sure if Rubbermoon is still in business but the website seems to be working.

I stamped the girl (Best Friend MK798G) and coloured her with Copics. After I cut her out I decided that she needed a friend. I then stamped the boy (Jon MK2101G) and coloured and cut him out. I was going to create some kind of scene when I found the house (DB4040L). I paper pieced this with some paper by My Minds Eye. I love how the Cloud stamp by Hero Arts fits right in!

It will take a lot of practicing before I feel comfortable with Copics but I do love the process of learning!

I challenge you today to pull out some of your older stamps and give them some love!

Have a wonderful day!

eta - I apologize for not linking up the boy and girl. I searched through the online catalogue but couldn't find them. If you contact Debra Valoff via email, she might be able to help you out. Sorry for using stamps that may or may not be available!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and colorful card, Barbara! I have never seen stamps like these! Love the use of the pattern pp for the house, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how quaint and cute is this!! So lovely and I think you are good with copics already...you'll be such a pro in no time! I should be following you now on twitter! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, Barbara!! love this sweet little scene you built, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I remember Rubber Moon's whimsical style stamps! Such a charming little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara! I remember these! LOVE what you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog