Saturday, February 20, 2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge 9

Here is another card for the Everything but the Kitchen Sink Challenge 9. I wasn't sure whether to link this one up because it doesn't really follow the sketch. As soon as I saw the inspiration piece though, I immediately thought of this Silhouette file by Hero Arts.
Here is the inspiration piece



And here is my card.



I started by cutting the design on yellow cardstock and attaching it to the sticky side of some label paper.I then covered it with pink glitter although it looks more purple on the card. I stamped Silhouette Bells on cream cardstock with Baby Blue and Heliotrope VersaColor and cut out just a square. I then stamped the sentiment from Thoughtful Messages in black ink. The butterfly is from Antique Engravings.

13 comments:

  1. You actuaally follow the inspiration piece to a T! What a FABULOUS idea to use your Silhouette! I love the design and the butterfly looks amazing with that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I think the inspiration and your card definitely go well together! It matches perfectly! Love how you stamped only a small portion of the bells stamp, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that background is waaaaaaaay cool, Barbara!! beautiful colors, too! love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool background! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card! Thanks again for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is perfect! What a great take on the sketch! It couldn`t be better!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. I love this card. Gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay. I am now *officially* picking my jaw up off the floor! You've created quite the stunner here. Love how you used the inspiration piece--your background is G.R.E.A.T.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love the background and the little butterfly is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is COOL! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog