In Taylors words "The cards we gather will be donated to the Neonatal Intensive Care nurses where they use the dragonfly as a symbol of hope for families who have lost a child during delivery or in the early stages of life. Families are given a dragonfly card while they are in the hospital as something to hold on to, cherish, and comfort them after the quiet time spent with their son or daughter. In addition to a card, the parents receive a small ring with a poem, a prayer shawl for the mother (to symbolize God wrapping his loving arms around her), along with baby footprints and baby molds."
Here is a link to her blog Taylored Expressions where you can get specific information about the card drive.
I made 3 cards yesterday to send. All 3 use a Hero Arts dragonfly file from Silhouette.
This sentiment on this card is actually a speech bubble from A Little Note. I used a black pen to turn it into a circle. The papers are bits and pieces mostly from Basic Grey.
The sentiment on this card is an older Hero Arts stamp. It felt fitting.
This card also uses bits and pieces and the same sentiment as the previous card. The dragonfly looks reddish in the picture but is actually a sparkly pink.
I would like to encourage everyone that can to send a card to this wonderful cause. As cardmakers, it is so easy to donate your time and talent in this way.
Barbara
Barbara....these cards are so sweet and perfect....to be cherished for sure :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dragonflies and cards
ReplyDeletehugs June xxxxx
Beautiful cards, Barbara! I know they'll be much appreciated!
ReplyDeleteBeautfiful cards for such a wonderful cause! The sheet music is an awesome match with the dragonflies. I always enjoy stopping by by your blog. I'll have to make a couple cards. I have the Silhouette so I'm sure I have a dragonfly or two to choose from.
ReplyDeletewow! those are so so beautiful, Barbara! I am sure they will helps families find comfort and peace.
ReplyDeleteAll of these are so soft and pretty and thoughtful in every way! A great way to comfort the parents!
ReplyDeleteThese cards are so sweet! Love those dragonflies! What a good cause, TFS!
ReplyDeletePretty cards, Barbara! I have this on my to do list, too!
ReplyDeleteLove how you put the details in each card! Beautiful!
ReplyDelete