Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Butterfly with Ferns

Good morning !
I hope that you are having a great day so far! It is super cold here but I LOVE that we are seeing so much daylight. I am getting excited for Spring even though it will be April before the snow goes away. I am starting to think flowers and lighter colours when it comes to making cards. I just feel such a sense of excitement and renewal at this time of year! We are in the home stretch!

First of all I would like to say thank you to Jane for sharing her wonderful stamp and Alice for drawing my name ! I can't wait to use these sweet images! Thank you both!


While I had the "Butterfly with Ferns" stamp out the other day, I decided to make a softer looking card. The image is stamped on a cloud paper with Black Memories ink. The ferns are coloured with Lime Green Stickles and the butterfly is coloured with Copics on white cardstock and then cut out and pop-dotted. I attached the image to a sheet of Basic Grey pp and cut out a frame. I then used a fine tip marker to add a messy frame around the main image. The card base is yellow cardstock from DCWV.




I hope that you have a great Tuesday!
:-) Barbara

6 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Love your use of that BG paper as part of the backgroud for the stamped image! I love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collage you've created, have never seen this stamp before, it's soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you put this together, Barbara! It makes for a very interesting card, with the large floral cut-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that floral pp makes such a beautiful frame for your stamped image! I love the hand-drawn outline, too! wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Barbara this is so unique and certainly a work of art!! Love how you put it all together and love your sparkly dotted blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this card is gorgeous! Love this!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog