

The background sky was the start of this card.When I am stumped as to which stamps or paper to use,I will open a random drawer and pick something out.I find that it's a great way to use what you have and jump start creativity.Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all of the choices and this is a good way to narrow it down.
When I picked up this paper,it looked like a good sky.I cut the card base with my Accucut and glued the sky to the inside.The puppy and tree stamps were on my desk which made the next step easy.Since my beagle gets cold in the snow I figured that this puppy needed a coat.This coat is a piece of ribbon sewn down the middle.I glued everthing in place and then added the snow.I should have waited until everything else was totally finished because then I had to W A I T for it to dry before continuing.
I should have left it there.I could have added a "Happy Birthday" or "Thinking of you" and called it a day.Nope, I decided to keep going.
After the snow dried I thought that I would decorate the "outside" of the house with a woodgrain stamp.I cut out the cutest little window box and punched out a bunch of greenery and got really involved in decorating the outside of my house when I discovered a problem with my litle scene.If you are looking out of a window and seeing a dog and snow, chances are you are inside the house.Ugh. So now I had "woodgrain" wallpaper.That's where I left it.
I spent far too long on this card.I spent more time on what you don't see than what you do see!I really do like creating little scenes though so this one was all about the process and not the end result.
:-) Barbara
Such a cute card, Barbara! LOVE that sky, and his cute sweater!
ReplyDeleteLOVE looking out your window at that sweet little pooch! He kind of resembles your real pup!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way when you create a scene! Sometimes things are unforseen until you are IN it :) Love your story of this card! That puppy is adorable with that "blanket"...you just want to hug him :)Love this!!
ReplyDeleteBARBARA!!!! This card rocks!!!! Love everything about it, especially the sweater!
ReplyDeleteLove this scene you have created Barbara...love this dog and I think he is under used.. Love your card!
ReplyDeleteHugs,Kathy