Really? Well, close. What about this card could possibly take 10 hours you ask? No? Then scroll down to here **** because I'm going to tell you anyways. LOL!
This is a thank you card to my parents for our Hawaii trip.It started off with the girl and the tree.I decided that the palm tree would look great glittered so after cutting I brushed it with Mod Podge and sprinkled it with transparent glitter.Meh.Then I got the wonderful idea that I would cut it out of sticker paper,glitter the top in green and then remove the bottom and glitter the trunk in brown.Brilliant! ;-p
The cloud background,the water and sand are self explanitory. So far it's taken about 15 minutes.
I found the ledger paper,the pink scalloped strip and the Amy Butler paper in my scrap box.The thank you stamp and purse and present stickers were handy too.So,it's maybe been 1/2 hour.
It was the weaved ribbon strip that took so long! At first I found this little strip of pp that I thought would be perfect.
.....but it was too big.
I remembered that I had a similar stamp from about 4 years ago so I set out to find it.After looking through my stamps (insert that song from the movie Ghost about time going by so slowly) I found it only to determine that it was also too big.I know, I thought! I'll look through the Silhouette library!Here it is, the leaf border!
Unfortuneately I couldn't cut it small enough either.That led me to searching through almost the entire Silhouette library looking for the right embellishment.I bought and cut several before deciding on this ribbon strip.
While this may have brought me to the 9 hour mark, I still had to upload and learn Picassa to edit the picture.That will probably take a bit longer to perfect! LOL!Up until today I have been using Picture It which is from 1997 I think.Time to get into the 2000's!
Do you ever make cards that take this long? LOL!
****So there you have it.I will give this card to my parents when I see them tonight. I am fortunate that they live just down the street from me. :-)
Happy New Year!
Barbara
oh... that problem strip of paper/ribbon... i think i have the same experience... just that one element and nothing in my stash would fit! I'll usually just change the whole layout so that somehow everything work if I am lucky... =) Happy New Year to you!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Barbara! I think we've all been there, done that. The important thing is, it's done and it turned out perfect! Love the hula girl and palm tree! I'm sure your parents will love it, too.
ReplyDelete