
Good morning! We've had our first taste of winter here in Manitoba so I was happy to spend the day indoors making cards.We have been so lucky not to have snow and cold but I knew that it would catch up with us.This morning I couldn't even open my front door because it was frozen shut.My daughter told me to body check it to loosen the ice.Smart girl! LOL!
This card started off with the cloud background and then I decided to add the pink patterned paper and the lime bird background.Not so great.No problem, I peeled up the lime panel and added the ribbon.Okay, pretty ugly.I can still make this work, I thought.It just needs more colour!Let's try a blue and green scalloped circle.Ya,that's it.Okay,maybe not.Hmm,how about a penguin,an ornament and a pink sentiment panel.Oh, and some glitter!
After spending far too long trying to make this work I decided to leave it overnight and look at it with fresh eyes.Well, I must say that this is not my favourite!
Today I have 5 cards to make so hopefully things go more smoothly. :-)
Barbara
It's a CUTE card to me !! I know what you mean...sometimes you just want to "make it work" even though it's best to leave and abandon (LOL).But we could never do that, right? Anyhow I truly admire how you mix the pattern and colors. This one is no exception :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute card...Love that Penguin!!
ReplyDeleteHi Barbara! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card...love the penguin's sweater!
Barbara, although I think it's a cute card, I know what you mean about not being happy with something after spending hours fighting with it. (And thank you for sharing - I feel ever so much better knowing I'm not alone in these kinds of moments!)
ReplyDeleteI think it's cute. Love your colours, and the penguin and the hanging bauble. Pretty. And I admire your persistence. I regularly give up in disgust at my creations... the looking with new eyes thing is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteglad to see you blogging!
ReplyDeleteOh, I have so been there! But this card is adorable! Most of my cards are the result of forcing or struggling. They are exhausted by the time I get them posted!!
ReplyDeleteSounds rather chilly where you are....lovely card, the bird background is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI like it, and I kept shaking my head yes as I was reading -- I've soooooo been there! :)
ReplyDelete