Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thinking of you

Good morning,
Today I have a card featuring Penny Black's mid-summer . I coloured the image using markers, misted it with water and then stamped onto watercolour paper. I kept this card very simple to highlight this beautiful stamp. The sentiment is from this set and the paper is from Pink Petticoat. I saw Lucy posting about this paper the other day and I spent the morning downloading! LOL! The background paper is actually a soft green although it seems to appear tan in the picture.




The main panel is adhered with foam tape for depth.




I love the simplicity of this card.


Today my son and I will be doing a few errands and relaxing a bit. We've had a quiet week as the rest of my family is away. My husband returns tomorrow and my youngest returns on Saturday.
Number 1 on the list is to finish putting together a care package for my daughter. She has had a rotton start to her University experience. They are in a heat wave with no air conditioning, her camera broke when a water bottle spilled in her purse and she got a "billet blanche" (a white ticket) for not signing in properly. If you get 3 white tickets you can lose priveledges. The worst thing is, my daughter is a rule follower so getting a white ticket by accident really made her unhappy!

Have a wonderful, sunny day, billet blanche-free day !!!!
:-) Barbara 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It is simply beautiful and has such a serene look to it, very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the simplicity of this card, Barbara. Thanks for all the links as I had checked them all out (love that PB stamps set..I did go to those places in Paris and I now must get that set!!). AND that is too baaaad that your DD is not having a great start for university....my DD and I can totally relate to that. I do "feel her pain" though. With your care package in sight, all things will look up again soon for her! The
    only thing I said to my DD when the going gets tough, "It will only get BETTER!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and sweet image!! lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog