Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I need a smile today

update
Thank you so much for the thoughful comments. My daughter is still sitting in the waiting room of the emergency department in Quebec. She has been there for 8 hours now. I just phoned the hospital to make sure that her name was on the list and was told that they are busy and will get to her when they can. Poor sweetie. :-(



Good morning ,
I started this card yesterday but decided to leave it overnight to simmer. I finished it this morning and it brought me a smile.



 This morning when I turned on my computer I had a message from my daughter in Quebec saying that she was headed to the hospital with suspected heat stroke. She has been sick for 2 days and we have been trying to convince her to get checked out but she is never one to create waves. I am glad that she went but feel so bad being so far away from her. My husband feels bad too because he is away and can't do anything to help either.
I have also spent a good part of the morning with Canada Post trying to find a missing package. I hope that it shows up!
My youngest daughter offered me her chocolate though. That was so sweet !


"Enjoy your day" .  Yes, that does bring me a much needed smile.
Barbara 

Stamps by Penny Black


9 comments:

  1. I adore this sweet card, Barbara, as it made me smile! I feel for you being so far away from your DD! Hope the heat stroke didn't get to her too badly and I'm sure she is on the mend once she had herself checked. Counting me as your support as my Stephanie is out in Malaysia for her summer study and I am SO far away! Hang in there, my friend and SMILE! I'm keeping you in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon! Love this bright, cheerful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable. Made me smile too! I hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a super sweet card! Definitely brings a smile! I hope your daughter is okay, sending prayers her way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Barbara! Hope she will be ok! Yes, the heat does terrible things to people! Even if you stay hydrated and cool, it can still be dangerous! Your card is adorable, love the ribbon folds and the row of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara! What an adorable card and amazing ribbon work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara I hope your daughter is doing much better by now! Your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your girl is feeling better! LOVE your sweet card! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog