Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Betsy Bluebell

Good morning! I hope that you are having a good week so far. I made this card for my daughter Katherine who is away at school for 1 month. I will be mailing her a card every other day to let her know how much I miss her! We drove her to the airport at 4:30 am on Sunday and I since I tend to be a morning person anyways, I spent the rest of the day stamping. I actually made 8 cards so that was a great start !

This card has a lot of paper piecing. I stamped Betsy Bluebell on white cardstock and then stamped her dress on patterned paper and the bouquet on newspaper. I also stamped and cut out each of the flowers individually. Everything that isn't paper pieced is coloured with Copics.



The sun is cut out of newspaper and the hills are patterned paper. Betsy Bluebell is adhered with foam tape and I added some ribbon and a button for a bit of depth.

Yesterday afternoon my son and I bought a bunch of care package items to mail to Katherine so we are hoping to get that in the mail sometime this week.

Have a wonderful day !
:-) Barbara

6 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love the paper piecing, especially the newsprint! I used to send care packages to my daughter in Japan and I know how much she appreciated no matter what I sent. Take care, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is SO cute! Your daughter will love it! The bits of newspaper add a really fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,how very cute, and so thoughtful of you to send her one every other day! She'll be tickled by that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute card, luv the book page sun...have a fantastic week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. super duper cute!!! love that you used newspaper for the image! your girl will love it for sure!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!This is SO creative!! Love how you split up the images and piece all of them together!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog