Monday, March 1, 2010

Moxie Fab Fun with Floss

Here is my very last minute card for the Moxie Fab Fun with Floss challenge!

I wasn't going to make a card because I couldn't find my embroidery floss. I have tons of it but it got misplaced and no amount of looking turned it up. Last night I did come across these tiny skeins of embroidery floss by Jolee's and decided to use them instead. A few days ago I purchased some of the Sewing Girl files from Silhouette knew that they would be perfect.


The cabinet is a stamp by Stampourri. I white embossed it on Pool cardstock.







the adorable sewing machine (a Silhouette File by Cosmo Cricket) and tiny clock (Hero Arts)



a close up of the embroidery floss



this garbage can is made with a coffee cup from the Hero Arts What's Perking set.I stamped it on acetate using STaz On and cut it out. Inside the garbage there are little pieces of fabric.



I folded little pieces of fabric and glued them together. The girl is also a Print and Cut file by Silhouette (Cosmo Cricket).




eta- a last minute addition! I found a stamp of a little bowl of peas so with my handy dandy magnifying glass and a fine tipped Sharpie, I turned it into a bowl of buttons. :-)



Under the cabinet is a tiny sewing pattern on tissue paper.



Thank you for looking and have a great Monday!
:-) Barbara

11 comments:

  1. How CUUUUTE is this, Barbara! Love your originality and creative design!! You are rocking in this challenge! I adore the details (down to the fabrics in the waste basket!!!)of this fun and whimsical scene. The embroidery floss are just the right touch for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mylaaaaanta--what a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barbara, sooo many intricate details and a lot of work went into this, I can tell from your detailed photos, great job!! Love the sewing machine and I was sooo intrigued by that wastebasket! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun and cute, thanks for showing close ups of all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is waaaaaaaaaay fun, Barbara!!! you are so creative!!! i love love love everything about this card, especially all the amazing and thoughtful details! i enjoyed looking through every little element in this! so inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw... what an awesome card, Barbara!! Totally fun and sweet with the wonderful details, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a perfect little scene! I REALLY love your wastebasket--that is just too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Super cute and fun card!! I love what you did with the floss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Barbara! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW WOW WOW!!!! This totally Rocks Barbara....LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AAAHHHH!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! Another one of your awesome cards with THEE cutest little scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog