Friday, March 19, 2010

2sketches4you & Hero Arts Hydrangea

Good morning!

This is my first time playing along with this challenge. My inspiration for this card was the beautiful Hero Arts Hydrangea stamp.

Here is the sketch


and here is my card





I used a Webster's Pages die cut for the center panel. It looked like this when I started
but it wasn't the right size or shape for what I needed.
I cut off the sides and cut it in half horizontally before gluing it back together.
I also added some green flowers to the top right corner to balance the design.

The hydrangea was stamped on tea stained paper using Heliotrope and Split Pea VersaColor ink and embossed with sparkly EP.


The sentiment and the butterfly were also stamped on tea stained paper.


I added a ribbon to the back of the hydrangea panel and then attached the whole thing to a larger sheet of Webster's Pages paper. When the card was assembled I stitched around the outer edge of the hydrangea panel.

Wow, that was pretty long winded! LOL! Thank you for looking and please let me know if you have any questions. :-)

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful details Barbara, I like how you changed the sketch a little by turning it vertically and LOVE the scrolls and flourishes to the side of the card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, I can't even tell that you cut the paper in half and than glued it together! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you placed the elements using the sketch. Love the design and Hydrangea! What a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love all the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Love this in every way possible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful - thanks so much for the breakdown of how you made your card too - I love Websters Pages :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog