Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday morning


Good morning! I woke up long before the rest of my family so I decided to make a card. :-)

For about a month I have been randomly leaving cards in my kids rooms for them to discover. During exams it was everyday but it has trickled down to every few days now.
Most of the designs are quick to make and some of the stamps have taken permanant residence on my desk. Like the "I love you" stamp.

I suspect that this sentiment will always be close by for me. You are one of my nicest thoughts. It makes me smile from the bottom of my heart just to read it!

Today we will be going to The Ex ( a local fair) if the weather cooperates.It looks beautiful out so far! This will be our second attempt at The Ex. A few days ago I woke my kids up early and drove around town picking up their friends and we got to the fair by 10:30 only to find out that it didn't open until 3:00. Seriously! LOL! They were all very good sports about it and we ended up going to Toy Story 3 instead. Being the mom of a 17 year old boy, I was the lady that was bawling at the end of the movie while trying not to embarrass my children. Good thing the theater was dark! :-)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Barbara



All stamps by Penny Black
the graph paper can be found here.

5 comments:

  1. Your such a great mom! Loved reading that you leave cards for your kids! And that shlep them around! Sucks about the ex, happened to me last year at tinkertown, 1 hr early! I love this pearls at the bottom of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT mom you are! Love the grid pattern pp for the background and the design is so clean and elegant! After reading your post,I am thinking of tagging along with my 15-year old David to see Toy Story 3 now...along with his friends. Hope he'll let me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful thing to do....and I do love that quote! Enjoy EVERY moment with your kids! They grow up too fast.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful! Love the row of pearls at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your sweet idea of leaving cards for your kids!! what a wonderful surprise! love you pretty simple card, too! lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog