Monday, March 8, 2010

Tuesday Trigger : Sweet on Spring

Oh my! This weeks Tuesday Trigger is just so full of fun that I almost didn't know where to start! I played around a bit with the colours and then decided to take the trigger quite literally. I was going to try to copy the whole layout but that proved to be too busy looking so I settled on just doing the top row. :-)
Here is the trigger



and here is my card


The first box is a piece of Memory Box paper with pencils from Just a Note (Hero Arts). I wanted the pencils to be a little bit shorter so I cut off the eraser and then cut out some of the pencil. When I had the length that I wanted,I glued the erasers back on.


The second box is Basic Grey paper and a tissue paper flower. Thank you Teri Anderson for the idea! I cut the tissue paper with my Nestabilities before crumpling them because I found that it gave a more uniform look.


The third box is also Basic Grey paper and the cake/stand is a Silhouette die cut. After cutting out the cake I popped it with foam tape and then covered the pieces in Stickles.


The last box is a retired Hero Arts stamp (F3833 Vertical Stripes Background) stamped on cream cardstock with Baby Blue VersaColor. The jar of cookies is a sticker by Jolee's.


To get the outside border even, I drew a box in pencil on the inside of the card and then stitched around it with my unthreaded sewing machine.



Thank you for stopping by today!

Barbara

11 comments:

  1. Aw... Barbara, your creative ideas are just FABULOUS!! I enjoy looking at each section of the card-full of cuteness and ingenuity! LOVE your take on the challenge! This is the kind of card that I would BUY in the fancy stationary store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barbara! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very fun and so unique!! I really LOVE that cookie jar the best! So Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Barbara! I love it!! The cookie jar is my fave! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHUT UP!!! And, that is all I got to say about that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhhh!!!! this is too fun, Barbara!! your details are amazing! love your take on this trigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a creative and detailed card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so super cute!! love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is pure delight! I love your design and those cookies are the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  10. To which I say, fan-flipping-tastic. Every single ounce of this card is.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog