Friday, March 26, 2010

My last card for real

Good afternoon !
I should be doing so many other things right now instead of downloading digital kits and making cards so I'll keep this quick. In my defense, there may be method to my madness. I have spent the morning buying digital kits so that I can possibly learn how to use Gimp on the 16 hour plane ride to Hong Kong. I might even read the instructions! LOL! Not knowing anything about editing software, I went on the 2Peas digital forum and did a search for free software. I figure that if I learn this and like it, maybe I can buy something like Photoshop.I'm getting ahead of myself though! One thing at a time.


I made this card using Vinnie Pearce Typography Paper 1 from this kit and the clouds are from this kit.
The stamp is from Hero Arts - K5325 Cityscape.

The button is from Jane Beljo. I love these buttons!



I'm sure that I'll post again before we leave and hopefully while we're away but this will be my last card.

Have a great day!
:-) Barbara

12 comments:

  1. Barb, this is as cute as can be! Love everything about it, especially the heart button and string!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card design...love how you combined the images for a lovely hybrid card. I'm a fan of Jane's buttons too. Have a wonderful trip!
    blessings,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this...so soft and pretty! have a great trip and have fun learning on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Barbara! So very sweet! Have a safe trip, too! Hong Kong is just amazing--good food, good shopping! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are having fun learning-it's the BEST! I hope you get some time to do the sightseing in HK (LOL) while you learn! Love your use of the background paper from the digit kit. That Jane's button can not be any more perfect for this! AWESOME card, Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BARBARA! This card is the best! You out do yourself each project! Polka dot clouds? All clouds should be polka dotted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!! This is amazing, Barbara!!!!!!! I love love love this! love how you used the digis with you stamps! fantastic card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with the city scape! See, your are actually planning something for the trip, you're just not realizing it...hehe! Hope you will be able to play around with the digi's while on the plan..good thinking on your part to keep busy and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love. LOVE!!! this is too stinkin' FUN, Miss Barbara!!! Have a most amazing trip--can't wait to hear about it when ya' get back! I've never been off the North American Continent ('cept for Hawaii, 24 years ago). I need an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Barbara, I LOVE your polka dot clouds!! Must remember to try this myself! Have fun on your trip, and be sure and share anything you learn from Gimp; it's a mystery to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this card Barbara....Hope you have a Wonderful trip!!! hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVING everything about this!!! It's crafted so beautifully! Congrats on the HA tweet, too! :) VERY well-deserved, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog