Thursday, March 25, 2010

My first hybrid card

Good morning! This will very likely be my last card before leaving for Hong Kong on Sunday. My daughter is leaving for London this morning and I have a fancy dinner to go to tonight. This weekend will be all about packing. It sure takes a lot of work to get ready for a trip!

I made this card for the 2s4y challenge here.
This is Laura's sketch


and this is my card



I am all kinds of excited about this card!!!! First of all, I bought some digital kits from 2Peas after seeing cards from Alice and Lucy. The flower are from Hero Arts Garden Flower Sketches, the background is from Vinnie Pearce's Typography Corner and the floral paper is from a free kit by Sara Schmutz called "Just About Me".

While playing around, I figured out how to work in layers. Not a big deal to those who know how to do it, or for those of you that read instructions rather than blindly clicking around in hopes of finding the right thing, but it was super exciting for me! LOL!

I channelled my inner Jill and inked up the edges. I know, my inking is very subtle but it's there. I almost forgot that I own a stippling brush. Who knew?! I used Tea Dye Distress Ink.

The stamping on this card is the sentiment which is from the Essential Messages clear set.

Don't you love discovering new things?! There are so many possibilities with paper and ink and technology!!!!

:-) Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely! Those flowers are stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is lovely! These sketch flowers are some of my favorite Hero stamps and I know exactly how you feel having achieved such a beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Barbara, what a wonderful set of digi's and papers...really love that delicated flower vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Barbara! You have gone to the next level!! This card is GORGEOUS! Love the patterns and colors! Looks like you have mastered a lot...congrats! Hope to see more! And have fun packing!! Don't forget to leave some room for souvinirs to take home! You need that...or better yet, bring an extra suitcase!! Just a thought....heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love love love this card, Barbara!!! beautiful distressing and wow! an awesome fist hybrid card!!! love that you combined elements from different kits, too! just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one beautiful card Barbara! You did great with the digital elements... everything looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog