Good morning,
It is 8am Wednesday Hong Kong time and this is our second day here. We landed on Tuesday at 6:30 am and were lucky enough to get an early check in at our hotel. The above picture is the view from the upstairs lounge.
Yesterday we went shopping at Stanley Market which I found to be very much like the outdoor market in Hawaii. We were pretty tired so we didn't do a lot of shopping and ended up back at the hotel at 4:00 pm. Jean-Marc and I decided to have a wee nap and slept through supper and straight on until about 1am. Luckily I was able to fall asleep for a bit longer and didn't actually get out of bed until 5:00am.
Today we will visit the History Museum and the Science Museum.It is overcast here so we thought it best to stay indoors. I am also hoping to find the local mall but since this is really my sons trip, I'll have to temper my shopping somewhat! LOL! I understand though that the mall is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. I would really love to find some art supplies such as patterned tape and papers. I am also looking for souvenirs for my girls.
The internet is spotty at the hotel but I should be able to post a few times while we're here. I'd love it if you'd stop by and say hello!
:-) Barbara
really nice view! thanks for the photo, Barbara! Hope you have better luck today with shopping and sight seeing! can't wait to see more photos! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it safely!! How wonderful and beautiful photo, looking forward to 'seeing' your journey as you go along....have fun!
ReplyDeleteWell HELLO, Barbara! So glad that you are enjoying HK! YES, shopping is a MUST. Ask the hotel people where is a good art supply store, I bet there are a lot of "stationary stores" (that's the word you should use) when you inquire the art supply store. Chances are they are located inside the malls...and you can find cute stickers, paper, Hello Kitty stuff...HAVE FUN!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you arrived safely in Hong Kong! Let the fun begin! Happy shopping and eating! Thanks so much for sharing pics......
ReplyDeleteSounds as though you are having a great time, enjoy the rest of your trip look forward in hearing about all you adventures. Have a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Joy
Wow, Hong Kong! How fun! Enjoy your vacation! The shopping sounds great! I remember the outdoor shopping on Oahu! :)
ReplyDelete