Thursday, March 11, 2010

Embellish Magazine Borders Color Challenge

The colours in the Embellish Magazine Borders Color Challenge are so pretty that I couldn't wait to see all of the wonderful cards made with them. There are truly some beautiful cards!

This is the photo inspiration showing the colours.



and here is the card that I made


I cut the yellow background with my Silhouette. The file was quite intricate so I removed a lot of the detail when I resized it.I also stretched it to be a rectangle instead of a square.It's not easy to tell but this is the same file that I used yesterday (Butterfly Floral Lace Square by Samantha Walker).


The birdcage was embossed in white in a pink notecard and cut out. The gems were clear but I coloured them with my Copics for a peachy colour.

The butterfly is also by Hero Arts.It is stamped with Memento ink and coloured with Copics.

The green border was cut with a Slit punch (SU) and tied with a yellow ribbon.

The card is Fabriano Mediovalis which seems to be the card that I am using most often these days. :-)

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!
:-) Barbara

9 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous, barbara! awesome job with the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty with this color combo!! YUMMY card, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Barbara! My favorite butterfly ..... and thank you SO much for alerting me that I wasn't too late to enter this challenge!! Good luck to both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! what a gorgeous card, Barbara!! so so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did all of the color combos justice Barb!! Love it and I really like that birdcage, it's very delicate and romantic looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cool card! Love those spring colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your card is the perfect interpretation of the challenge!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so pretty! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog