We arrived home on Tuesday at midnight and I woke up on Wednesday sick with whatever my girls had. I have not left the couch in 2 days. Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow and get some unpacking done. My husband left for a business trip on Wednesday so my kids are taking care of me. :-)
I started to write this post while we were at the Vancouver airport so I will just put up the pictures that I have so far. This was really an incredible trip!
As stated earlier, my son had "saved up" birthday and Christmas presents from my parents to go to Hong Kong and he wanted me to experience it with him. One of the main reasons for our visit was so that he could go to the puzzle shops in the area.
This is my son in Michael's shop. Did you even know that so many twisty puzzles existed?
This is Calvin, his wife and my son at Calvin's puzzle shop. We went up a very narrow flight of stairs only to enter a maze of shops that seemed to span forever. Each shop was about 8'x6' - tiny!
This is the view from the harbour. Unfortunately, it was foggy/smoggy every day we were there so we didn't get to see the mountains or the Giant Buddha.
Here is my son after going in about 3 toy stores. He had to buy a big shopping bag to carry his puzzles.
Here I am saying to my son that he should buy things while he had the chance because we might not get back to the toy stores. Apparently I took my own advice! LOL!
This is my dad sitting outside while we shopped in the toy stores. He decided to sit on a stool and watch our loot while we went from store to store.
As soon as I'm feeling better I will share some more pictures.
:-) Barbara
Welcome home! I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick! I hope that you have a speedy recovery! Looks like you guys had such a great time! So awesome that your son was able to get so many puzzles that make him so happy!
ReplyDeletehope you are feeling better, Barbara! I love seeing all the photos that you shared! wow! those shops are amazing! I was in Hong Kong once, but never know those little fun shops was there! thanks so much for sharing! i had such fun reading your posts! =)
ReplyDeleteOh, Barbara, what an awful time to get sick! Here's hoping it will pass really soon. Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI so enjoyed the photos, such an amazing experience, I'm sure, and so much eye candy to look at! Love those shops! Hope you get better real soon, take care!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better already...I enjoyed your travel pictures. Michael's like in toy's heaven! My son is into Rubik's cube, but Michael's definitely a BIG fan! Thanks for sharing these awesome pics, Barbara!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel much better.....fast! I miss seeing your work! :)
ReplyDeleteBarbara - I had no idea you'd been to Hong Kong - lucky you! Let me guess - your son shopped at puzzle shops (at first I was thinking *jigsaw puzzles* ??? - while you shopped at paper and crafting shops? BTW - to say your son's shopping bag is BIG, is a teensy understatement - doubt I've ever seen a bigger shopping bag! lol (smart Dad - sitting and guarding your purchases! lol)
ReplyDelete