Saturday, April 3, 2010

Have a Happy Paradise

That was written on one of the tote bags. How fun is that?! Who doesn't want to have a happy paradise?

Yesterday we went to 2 markets. We started at the "ladies market".It was mostly clothing and purses. I can't even explain how many people there were and how crowded it was. We mostly just looked because it was just SO busy. Next we went to the toy and stationary shops that we had visited the day before but had the taxi drop us off one street over. This was the garment making district and there were entire shops filled with buttons and ribbons. It was overwhelming and I would love to go back! I didn't buy much because there were no prices listed and Roxanne mentioned that sometimes the prices will double for foreigners. I did buy some adorable crocheted strawberries and some ribbon. I wish that I would have purchased more ribbon as it was so beautiful! At the end of the street were the toy and stationary stores that we visited the day before. We couldn't actually get into the stores though because the middle of the street had turned into a giant market. There was booth after booth of clothing and purses and electronics. It was so busy that we could barely move. This time we didn't buy much because as soon as we showed any interest in something we were bargained with - even when we tried to politely say no thank you.

We came back to the hotel for supper at about 5:00 and I was able to stay awake until 7:00. I actually slept through the whole night not waking up until 6:00 am. I will just get used to the time change and it will be time to go home! LOL! Today we will be doing whatever my son wants to do because this is his trip *grin*. Maybe I will get back to the markets though!

:-) Barbara

3 comments:

  1. awww... those crochet strawberries are so adorable!!!!!! what a great find! hope you have better luck shopping today! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOO Cute Barbara!! What a Score!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are charming Barbara, so beautiful and cute colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog