Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21

Good morning!
I am a huge fan of Dawn McVey's. Have been for a long time. I have been following her blog for as long as I can remember. I love Dawn's clean style and the way that she mixes colors and patterns. ♥ ♥ ♥

I have never done a Rasberry Suite Color Challenge before but thought that this would be a great time to try one.

The colours are lemon tart, dark chocolate, aqua mist & rustic cream.


I decided to use Lemon, Pool and Chocolate Notecards (Hero Arts)and Fabriano(for my cream).




I thought that it would be neat to cut a bunch of clouds with my Silhouette and use the background piece instead of the cutouts. The cloud is a single image and I just made varying sizes before cutting. Using the background was a lightbulb moment for me! I bet this would look neat using flowers or circles or butterflies or just about anything!

Here is a close up of the dimension.

The chocolate matting is a 1/4" frame that was very carefully glued in place.The teeny-tiny butterfly was hand cut.I am starting to think that my eyesight is failing when I cut such small pieces! The birdie was stamped first on the card and then on Lemon cardstock.I cut out just the birdie body and adhered it with foam tape. The final step was stamping the sentiment. I won't lie. I held my breath for that part! LOL! I didn't want to get to the end of the card and then mess up.




What a popular challenge this is! When I started making my card I was #162 on the list! Can you believe that Dawn will be looking through so many entries? I bet that will take all day! :-) Crazy!

Barbara

8 comments:

  1. LOVE your idea about the negative image for clouds! It turned out really well, and I never would have thought of such a thing; it gives fun dimension! Good luck on this challenge, Barbara! I think you've got yourself a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a neat look you created for the sky after cutting out the clouds!! Such a lovely lovely card, Barbara! I always learn something from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Also love that you popped the panel up... pretty butterfly. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Another very cute touch with the Silhouette, really love those clouds Barbara, and such a yummy color combo you have to work with here! I'm the same way with sentiments, always seem to stamp that last and fear it will smudge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw... this is super duper adorable and neat, Barbara! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! too cute! love the cloud cut outs!! lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...Love the Punched out Clouds and the Little Butterfly is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. WOW!!! The Clouds. Oh. WOW!!! ...........THUD!!! You are BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog