Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How did it get to be Wednesday ?!

Wow, where has the time gone? I have been so busy these past few days that I've barely even checked email.I haven't had time to blog or even check other people's blogs. My daughter's room is all painted but now comes the fun of putting it all back together.We decided to do a colour test on Sunday before the painter came and it looked awful so it was off to the paint store.She wanted to match up a purple bracelet but it was too shiny so the machine couldn't match the colour.Off to the fabric store.We were so excited to find the exact same colour in fabric and thought it would be easy to match but apparently the colour was "too intense" and the machine couldn't read it.We ended up choosing the closest paint chip and crossed our fingers.This whole process took 4 hours.I'm happy to say that the room looks great and my daughter loves it.

Monday and Tuesday were a blur of errands and kids activities.With my husband being out of town I become the sole parent which can make scheduling tricky.Having 3 teenagers and lots of activities can get crazy!

I've had zero time for stamping so I'll leave you with this card that I made last week.It's a sympathy card using the new Hero Arts Silhouette Grass and an older retired stamp called Always Here For You.The background is painted with pink and gold H2O's.



Have a great day!

:-) Barbara

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya', girlfriend. I finally got some sorely needed play time last Sunday and it was wonderful--hope you get some soon, too. Meantime the design above is just lovely-GAW-JUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that your DD's room is all painted to her liking (that is the tricky part!!). LOVE the colors and how you tie in the sentiment for this card! You are inspiring me to use the Silhouette stamp now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this, Barbara!! It's a completely different treatment of that grass silhouette stamp - well done! The sentiment is so appealing, also; haven't seen that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to hear that the repainting of your daughter's room turned out well! I bet it's a beautiful purple!! =) what a gorgeous background, Barbara! i love love love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the embossing on the silhouette grass, so beautiful, I sooo need that stamp! So happy you were able to finish the bedroom, would love to see some photos after everything is re-arranged!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Card Barbara....just LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, this is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog