This is my new typewriter.
Months ago, Rebecca bought a typewriter at Value Village. It was adorable. I didn't have any need for one though.
Weeks passed. Maybe months even. I decided that I had to have a typewriter.
I started watching Kijiji and Value Village and even Ebay. The cute retro looking typewriters were so expensive.
One day I went to Value Village and found a cute typewriter in a case for $10 so I bought it. It was beige.
Marc was heading out so I sent him to Canadian Tire with 2 pieces of cardstock, one pink and one blue, and said "please buy me some paint".
Score. The colour that he bought was perfect. I taped up the keys and other bits that I didn't want painted (haphazardly because that's how I roll) , took it outside, and painted it aqua.
As a bonus, it actually works.
Barbara
Oh my gosh this is TOO ADORABLE! I so love it! You did amazing with the paint! :> Now you can type up cool sentiments for cards!
ReplyDeleteOMG, that is SO cute painted like that! I've seen 2 blog posts in the last week where people bought typewriters, eeek! Keep repeating to myself "I do not need a typewriter, I do not need a typewriter, etc.!" lol!
ReplyDeleteCa-ute!
ReplyDeleteLisa Spangler just found a typewriter--an aqua one, too! I recently got rid of an electric one because they stopped carrying the ribbon. Yours is so cute!
ReplyDelete