Friday, April 13, 2012

Quatrefoil box

Rebecca and I were discussing alternatives to the new strawberry box die on the PTI site when I decided to try to make one with my quatrefoil die. I took pictures because I am terrible at explaining myself but this is in no way a tutorial.

This is also a lazy way to make a box as it is rather wasteful (I'm sure that you could make it with less cardstock). 

Score an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock in half both ways and cut 1 slit up the wide edge. Do this twice (use 2 sheets of cardstock).

 This just shows you what one side of the box will look like.

 Tape the 2 sheets of cardstock together. I used washi tape just for contrast.
Cut a sheet of cardstock into 4 and then die cut 4 quatrefoil frames. It is easier to line up the die if you cut the cardstock first.


Adhere the 4 frames to the cardstock as shown.

Fold the box together and glue down the bottoms. Add another piece of tape inside the box to secure the last corner.

Add a cardstock handle.

Each side measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 so it is larger than a traditional berry box.

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. So happy to see you back to blogging! You were gone for a year! BUT you've come back better than ever Barb! :> What a project to come back with! :>

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog