Sunday, April 17, 2011

Copic cozy

Okay, it's not really a cozy, I just like to call it that !


This is how I store my Copics on my desk.
  


I have several of these containers taped together. 


I used Sookwang tape but they were coming apart during transport so I clear taped the outside. It's not very attractive right now but it works for me.
 I started out with black containers but the store ran out and so I added some clear to the mix. I am in the process of replacing the black ones.



 Anyways, I wanted to find a way to transport my markers without having to take them out of the containers so I made this tote.





 I did not use a pattern. I measured the sides of the containers and the length and added a 3/8" seam allowance. I followed general instructions for making a tote bag. This tote is reversible and I used several different Amy Butler fabrics. 



To keep the bottom stable, I cut out a piece of foam core board that fits inside the tote. The flap is just a long piece of fabric. It sits underneath the foam core board.

I hope that you are having a nice weekend. :-) I went to a copic class yesterday and got to take my cozy for a test drive. 



Barbara

10 comments:

  1. Love it and love the flaps! I'm thinking about sweet talking my mother to make me one too! Or maybe I will take a stab at it! I had fun at the class with you. And also - love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a sewing guru Barbara. This tote is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Barbara!!! (waving here!) long time no visit. hope all is well! =) wow! that is a gorgeous tote! love love the fabrics you used and really love the reversible idea. amazing! you are so talented!! love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous tote, Barbara! I love the fabric and the flaps on your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that you just started collecting copics not that long ago.....wow! look at these and the Copic Cozy!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara! I've missed your posts until today...Thanks for sharing your Copics tote--how original and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very clever idea!! :) looks pretty also

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tote is sooo beautiful! Wow! Love the colors! I have not seen you around, hope all is well and that you're still crafting away in your free time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you got an intelligent and artistic mind, awesomely good sewing.
    Clear business cards
    hotel key Cards

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's cute. I have a pad of Amy Butler papers in those same prints & just made some cards from them.
    Enjoy your new creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog