I haven't blogged in a very long time. I have had some things come up that have required all of my focus. I still won't be blogging regularly.
My son will be turning 17 on Tuesday and he requested a birthday cake that looks like food. I decided to make these Chinese Food cupcakes from the What's New Cupcake book. I am putting the pictures here instead of Facebook because I don't want him to see them until this evening when we go out to dinner.
I used jumbo cupcakes and placed them on top of a cardstock base that I cut to fit the inside of the take-out boxes. This is the 3rd recipe that we've made from this book. The ingredients are readily available and the recipes are easy to follow.
If you are my friend on Facebook, you will probably be seeing these again tomorrow. :-)
Barbara
Thank you Kathy!
the vegies are as follows :
broccoli -green fruit chew split almost in half with green icing and sprinkles
carrots, pork, and egg bits- fruit chews (Starburst)
peas- runts
green onions- green licorice
Wow! These are AMAZING! Happy Birthday to your son! We celebrated our oldest son's 8th birthday yesterday! :)
ReplyDeleteThese are incredible! How do you make the veggies? Hope all is well with you!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant, Barb! You had me fooled (and I cook these kinds of food ALLTHE TME!)! I must try this some time! Glad that you are blogging again! Hope to see more ...:) hugs!
ReplyDeleteHi Barbara! Nice to see you blogging again--missed you! Thanks for sharing such awesome shots of some fabulous cupcakes! Love the faux Chinese food theme! Will have to check out that book. Happy Birthday to your son!
ReplyDeleteThis is just amazing! What a great idea. I am sure your son will love it!
ReplyDeleteThese turned out SO COOL! What awesome cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteYes you haven't been on here in a while! I have been wondering where you've been! I hope things are okay! And I hope I wasn't too friendly to be invited to stamp club again one day! And wow it so looks like real food. I didn't get how you could possibly do it until I read the ingredients! :> He will love it!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love these! So adorable!
ReplyDeleteGood to see you back in the blogosphere!
amazing cakes, strange to eat something that looks savoury but tastes sweet!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Barb! These are so 'weird' but so creative. I'd be expecting it to taste like Chinese food. LOL! I love them and hope your son was delighted!
ReplyDelete