Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Penny Black thank you

Good morning!
I had the best time ever at Stamp Club on Saturday night !  :-)  Rebecca is such a wonderful hostess ! There were 10 of us there including 2 new members .Joining us were Anita from the Hero Arts Flickr group and Lauren who taught math to 2 of my children. I felt instantly at home with both women and I can't wait to get together again!
Rebecca demoed the cutest snowman card made with the SU top note die and had kits made up so that we could all make our own card . Fun! I stayed up way past my 9:00 bedtime (lol) so you know that I had a great time!

This is the card that I sent to Rebecca to say thank you . While it is not modelled after any one card in particular, it reminds me of something that Emily Leiphart would make. I just love her clean style and use of Kraft cardstock!



The image is called Warm and Merry and is by Penny Black. I stamped the image twice on white cardstock and cut out just the smallest mouse and coloured it with Copics. Since only 1 arm was visible, I cut the second arm from the second stamped image. I then stamped the whole image on a Kraft card using ArtPrint Brown Memories and distressed the edges of the card with Tea Dye Distress ink. The sentiment is by Hero Arts.



I am really looking forward to our next stamp club! This is such a fabulous group of ladies!

Barbara

16 comments:

  1. Awww, this is precious, Barbara! I love what you've done with the larger image as well as the focus mouse in front! Thanks also for the shout-out. It makes me happy to have inspired you so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... this is super duper adorable, Barbara!! Love the stamping on Kraft, I screamed with delight when I saw this delightful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Barb! I had such a great time too! Thank you so much for inviting me! I was worried that I may have been a bit too much, I get like that sometimes in new situations! Such a lovely card! I like how the thank you bubble just pops! By the way I keep having visions of you laying in a hotel bed with rubber all around you! :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this card Barb! Such a cute image. Stamp club sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute thank you card! Wish I lived closer so I could join you at the stamp club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute, just adore you sweet card Barb, your stamp club sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card, Barbara! I love the way you highlighted the one mouse. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! LOVE this fabulous simple card, Barbara! so fun and clever how you added the other hand. love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, good golly, is that ever darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this, Barb! Love how you highlighted the tiny mouse and the rest of the design on kraft. Genius! I may lift this idea from you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that I'm late seeing this little cutie!! Love the muted background with the mouse! Just adorable! Must try this some timne :) Hope all is well with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so super sweet Barbara! Have missed seeing your designs! I wish you and your family a joyous and safe holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popping in to wish you a very Happy New Year Barbara! Hope 2011 brings you the very best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very Happy New Year, Barbara! Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Barb...this is a great idea of using xmas stamp :) love the idea leave the rest plain and one coloured :) it is also safe time but still lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog