Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Mario Magnet Board

Yesterday was my son's birthday so 3 days ago I decided to make him a card. He loves Rubik's cubes so I thought that I would make him a Rubik's cube card. My online searching brought me to this really cool and completely functional paper cube. That is so much cooler than a card I thought! So I set about printing and cutting the 3000 (lol) pieces. At some point (about 1/2 way through) I decided to take a break and stumbled upon this Super Mario magnet board. WOW, I thought. That looks super cool ! It's a magnetic board with movable magnets!  My girls confirmed that indeed it was super cool and so I set to work.

The boxes are made of printed cardstock and each one has a magnet. Behind the background is metal so that the magnets will stick.
This is another shot just to show that the magnetic boxes move. Each magnet box is about 1 1/2" square.




This was a labour of love. From start to finish, it took 2 solid days of cutting and folding ! My daughter Katherine even helped with some of the assembly (thank you Katherine!) .
He did seem to like it though.  :-)

Barbara 



7 comments:

  1. Oh my! How COOL is this, Barbara! I have never seen something like that! It truly shows how MUCH you love your DS!! Happy belated birthday! This sure is some birthday present that he will remember for a LONG time! What a great Mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! That is indeed a labor of love!!! You're such a wicked awesome mama! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is incredible!!! You're amazing and I'm sure your son feels the same way! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this and I'm going to share it with a dear friend who's looking for the perfect Valentine's gift for her grandson who also loves Super Mario!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm the friend that Emily shared with! This is absolutely amazing! I have a feeling there's a lot of cutting and folding in my near future... :P Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! This turned out perfect Barbara.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for your comments! I love hearing from you!

Search This Blog