Hello ! How is your Monday going so far ? The weather is beautiful here which makes me almost like fall. It generally isn't my favourite season ! Did you do any stamping on World Cardmaking Day? None here unfortunately but I did some yesterday.
This is a holiday type card that I finished yesterday while taking breaks from cleaning out the garden for winter. The embossing folder is new - Marc brought it home from his latest travel. What a sweetie !
The poinsettia is a brush stamp from Penny Black. I have always loved this series ! I heat embossed the image twice - once using pink embossing powder and once using green. I then cut out both images and added some stickles for sparkle.
The swirl design was done freehand with a paper pricker. I felt that the edges needed a little somethin' .
I am finishing up some birthday cards today and hoping to enjoy some of the nice weather. Winter will come soon enough here !
Have a great day !
:-) Barbara
So cute, Barbara! I love the paper-piercing... I can't believe it was done freehand! Very impressive! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful effect with the embossing, the flower is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove all the little touches ( paper-piecing is lovely!)! What a sweetie for Mark to get you new embossing folder!! I also like how you showcased the PB stamp!
ReplyDeleteI love all the details on this card Barb! I really like the paper piercing. That adds such a nice touch.
ReplyDeleteBarbara, I already commented on your SCS gallery but I just had to come by and see the close ups! The musical note dp and the paper piercing in the corners are superb.
ReplyDeleteso pretty! love the wonderful details!
ReplyDeleteOooh, this is fabulous! Love the texture and piercing and pop of color!
ReplyDelete